Friday 23 October 2015

CV

At the present, I am a PhD candidate in ethnomusicology at Royal Holloway, University of London, while also working as a freelance musician and music educator. Below is a selection of my qualifications, education, publications and work experience.  

For a full CV please contact me via the contact form to the left of the page.

Work
Since 2011 I have been a returning tutor for the English Folk Dance and Song Society, especially their youth folk music project, Get Your Folk On!. I am also teaching the folk music ensemble at the Centre for Young Musicians in Lambeth together with Laura Hewison, and have been involved in various other shorter projects with both EFDSS and CYM. I have also taught general instrument skills to beginners as well as more experienced students. Before my beginning my doctoral studies at Royal Holloway I also taught clarinet for Newham Council's Every Child a Musician project, as well as teaching private students on melodeon and clarinet. Before moving to London in 2009, I regularly taught music in both primary schools and music services. During 2015 I have been a visiting lecturer and teaching assistant at the Royal Holloway department teaching parts of the Introduction to World Music course. At the moment I am also working with the Trad Academy to do a number workshops focusing on Scandinavian music.
As a musician I have been performing at folk festivals in Sweden both as a dance musician and on stage. I have also performed at weddings, funerals, and other ceremonies and events. Since moving to London I have primarily been teaching, but also performed at open-stage events at various folk clubs. I have played as a supporting act to Brass Monkey at the Goose is Out folk club in Nunhead, and played Swedish music at various events. Until 2009 I regularly played with the Swedish-Vietnamese group [Ojzaioj] performing in both Vietnam and Sweden. 

Education
I hold a Swedish Teachers Degree in Music (Master of Education) from the Malmö Academy of Music, University of Lund (2009), as well as a Master's degree in Ethnomusicology from Goldsmiths, University of London (2010). Prior to my university studies I did a one-year long course in traditional singing at the Malung Folk High School (2002). In addition to full-length degrees, I have also studied, contemporary philosophy (Södertörn University, 2012) and Medieval History (University of Gävle, 2006). Since 2012 I am a PhD candidate at Royal Holloway, University of London.

Publications 
2008,Tunes from Enånger, Njutånger and Nianfors. (Self published, copies and PDF's can be bought from me)

2010,  “Thang Long Ca tru Club - New Ways for Old Music”. (Peer-reviewed article in the “Finnish Journal for Music Education”, vol.13, nr 1, 2010.)

2012, A meeting in Ninh Binh: reflections on Buber and the ethnographic meeting point”. (Book chapter in ‘If I were a Drongo bird: Reflections on yearning, imagination and creativity - a tribute to Håkan Lundström’ (Lund University Press; Berry, ed.))

2015(tbc), “Ca trù: the Revival and Repositioning of a Vietnamese Music Tradition”. (Peer-reviewed chapter in the edited volume ‘Sustainable Futures for Music Cultures: an Ecological Perspective’ (Oxford University Press, Schippers & Grant, eds.), co-authored with Prof. Hakan Lundstrom.)

Awards
In 2005 I was awarded the title Riksspelman [National folk musician] for my performance of traditional music from the province of Hälsingland.




No comments:

Post a Comment